Monday, November 07, 2011

Up

A long weekend allowed me to complete my Assault Squad and Chaplain.


I like how the boys look, even if they did take me a long time to paint.

The Chaplain figure looks quite good, even if I do say so myself. He also marks the first concession I made towards 40K.

You see, up until now I have painted and organised my Space Marines in a generic fashion with no real adherence to any Codex; when I made the decision to refurbish them earlier this year, I planned to organise them according to FUBAR lists. Dan first offered me a Chaplain figure when we made a trade earlier, but I declined as I didn't really see myself having a use for one. Then FG just dropped one off at my place and said something about modelling it with the jump-pack on...

It was quite a while before I decided I would paint it, and then another while before I decided that I would paint it black instead of green like my other marines, as per the Codex - even my apothecary was painted green instead of white as required by the codex.

I then looked at a couple of forums before deciding to use magnets to make it possible to field him with the normal backpack or the jump-pack, and arming him with a plasma-pistol instead of a bolt-pistol - apparently giving him the jump-pack and plasma-pistol and attaching him with the Assault squad was the thing to do. With Adrian and Thomas making progress on their Space Marines, I have to seriously look at making my force kosher.

FG also passed me a special shoulder-pad - I like the words on them.



My force is still not 100% Codex-compliant - still needs 15 more vanilla marines and one vanilla terminator figure if I were to comply with the minima for heavy weapons, but hopefully the guys will let it slide.


With these guys done I guess I should go back to painting the Perry plastics, but I feel I need a break... Perhaps the release of their WOTR cavalry set will be the needed boost?

3 comments:

Dan said...

Cool, looking very Dark Angels, wouldn't take much to make them DA.

Thomas Than said...

Looks like we're gearing up for a game. Adrian has been painting his Ultramarines. I'll need to restart my painting again after stopping for almost a month :P.

captain arjun said...

Thanks, Dan. I think the Dark Angels are a little too colourful for me with their red accents. My boys are darker than the Dark Angels... :)

Thomas, Adiran and I are saying we should set a date for a first game and play with whatever we've got painted just to start the ball rolling. End of this month?