Monday, August 06, 2012

Killa (Film) Kan WIP

During yesterday's session Thomas told me that he will be working on his Orks once he is done with his remaining dozen or so Space Marines figures, so on a whim today I decided to start a little project I planned quite a while ago.

When I was buying bits for 40K a while back I had an idea I wanted to make my own Killa Kan using a film cannister. I bought some weapon arms (some of which I cannibalised for other projects) and a pair of legs. Today, I magnetised them and started work on the body itself while the epoxy set.

This is what I've got so far.


The fender is a Killa Kan part which I just inserted into the can after drilling a couple of holes in it. The viewing slit is a mesh that I bought a long time ago for post-apoc cars. The engine is some sort of a weapon part (don't ask me which), and the mounts for the limbs are just screws screwed into the sides.

I'm not sure how well the magnets will hold, but if they don't I can always go to Plan B and just glue them onto the sockets.

I hope to post an update tomorrow once the epoxy has set.

1 comment:

Brummie said...

ooo interesting. I will certainly be following you your progress with this