Sunday, February 26, 2017

Battle Systems Shanty Town and Zen Terrain Bridge and Conversion Kit


Here is the set-up using three of Battle Systems' Shanty Pack #2, a Zen Terrain Bridge, and two of  their Conversion Kits. The utility poles and cables are my scratch-builds. Not every bit from the sets are used (I probably could have gotten away with just one Conversion Kits pack), but it's a pretty good representation of what can be built using the above.


Here's a closer view of the buildings, showing the bridge and a ladder and rooftop turbine from Zen Terrain.With a coat of suitably drab spray paint and some weathering, they blend into the grungy Battle Systems buildings.


My favourite bits from the Conversion Kits are probably these console screens, which I attached to the walls of the buildings using Bostik sticki dots. They don't really pop out, but will be useful for scenario games.

Over all I am very satisfied with my purchases. The set-up can be more cramped and littered, and when fg brings his stuff over we can probably make a better-looking table to play over.

2 comments:

The Kiwi said...

They certainly look nice. cheers

SteveHolmes11 said...

I like those scratchbuilt cables.

In this modern age when utilities are mostly wireless or underground, nothing says "shanty" like a droopy installation of overhead power lines.