Monday, July 17, 2017

Spartan Scenics Warehouse Accessories


I use battlemaps and miniatures for my RPG games, and a couple of sessions back I realised that I needed more cover for my battles. A bit of googling found the Warehouse Accessories set from Spartan Scenics. It was expensive (28 GBP) but it looked good, so I decided to get a box. After all, it can also be used for whatever sci-fi skirmish game we play, and we all know that sci-fi worlds all have random crates lying around when a firefight starts.

Thank goodness the umpire placed some crates right where I needed them.

The pieces are resin, and very well-cast. The lines and straight, the details sharp, and there is flash only at the bases of the pieces (where the "bottom" of the mould is, or the top, but you get the idea). The crates are just tall enough to give 28mm figures half-cover, There are also six biohazard containers in the set, but the yellow spray paint I used gave a very uneven coverage of the pieces, so I decided to leave them aside to be fixed another day.

I sprayed the pieces with a grey primer, and then sprayed the base colour for the pieces. The olive drab military-looking ones got some white decals I have left over from some WW2 German kit and some light weathering with black paint, while the beige, civilian-looking ones got black decals and moderate to heavy weathering with brown paint, as did the yellow pallets.

I am very pleased with the quality of these pieces, and if you are looking to give your guys some cover in your games, I recommend you pick a box up too.

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Looking good. Every game need crates...

fatgoblin said...

nice used look! will be awesome with the junkyard town