Monday, July 26, 2021

StudioLevel Resin Barricades Terrain

The resin barricades terrain pieces I backed on StudioLevel's kickstarter arrived last week, and being in another lockdown now gave me the time to paint them up.

The picture above shows the 4 trench barricades and the 4 scatter barricades I ordered, as well as the two small "crates" scatter terrain pieces I got from the Imperium Immortalis kickstarter.

The resin was easy to work with - no smell, and no stickiness either before or after being spray-primed. I painted them with a coat of black primer, followed by a zenital spray of grey primer. I then painted the metal surfaces with silver, and then dabbed red-brown primer and then orange paint over them, before doing some stippling with black paint. Jerry cans were painted a grey-green before being given a brown wash. Gas cans were painted blue and then given a brown wash. Wooden structures were painted with a brown contract paint before being dry-brushed with a sand colour. Finally, I sprayed the bottom of each piece with Tamiya Sand, and then sealed them with a clear coat.

This is a view of the rear of the barricade pieces.


Placed end-to-end, they cover quite a bit of frontage.


I got these terrain pieces because they are a good match for the pre-painted resin barricade terrain pieces I got a long time ago off eBay. Again, since it was lockdown and I had time, I laid the new and old pieces out on my mat and placed the Warzone miniatures down to give you guys a sense of the scale.




These terrain pieces were quite quick to paint - I did them all in one day - and look quite effective, although they are a little tall for my figures. Getting them painted has given me the push I needed to start working on the Imperium Immortalis figures I received months ago, so hopefully there will be more pictures soon.

2 comments:

pancerni said...

Good looking terrain pieces. Nice to see the Warzone figures on an outing.

captain arjun said...

Thanks, pancerni. :)