Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Valkyries done

I managed to paint up the valkyries in two evenings.


They were nice sculpts to paint. I used a similar palette to that I used for the dwarves and Thor, and gave them raven wings instead of swan wings. The one with the braids *had* to be a blonde, and the other one became a redhead because we all know pre-Raphaelite women are all redheads. They have blue and green eyes respectively - not that you can tell at this scale... . Curiously, while they don't seem to have a need for warm clothing, they are wearing furred boots. Or maybe the boots are what's keeping them warm.


A rear shot showing the wing details and the gemming on the sword.
Finally, here's a shot showing the runic bases from Fantascape. I guess I should paint the sides of the base brown to match the rest of the force.


2 comments:

Ubique Matt said...

Lovely paintjob Arjunn, they certainly look robust young ladies!

Regards.
Matt

captain arjun said...

Thanks, Matt.

If Brigade Games releases more of them with Celtos 2, I may just get a couple more...