Sunday, September 15, 2019

Eureka Miniatures Bronze Age Greeks and Cutting Edge Miniatures Sea Peoples


I resumed work on my Trojan Wars project last weekend and managed to have a few more units painted.

The first was this chariot from Eureka Miniature's Bronze Age Greek line. These have a classic Eureka chunky look, and paint up nicely. The rail chariot is an interesting piece, and requires you to actually bend the rails to fit the base of the chariot. It makes for an easier, sturdier construction, actually.


I wanted to get dismounted versions of the same characters, but the foot figures come with head options; Nic was kind enough to ensure that the heads that came in my pack were the same as those of the riders.


I also painted this Sea Peoples chariot from Cutting Edge Miniatures, which sell their  stuff through Warlord Games.


They are smaller in scale than Eureka's figures, and have a slimmer look.

I painted up a unit of foot figures too. The figure with the blue shield in the middle is actually a third rider from the chariot pack, but I decided to base him on foot to serve as the dismounted version of the hero.



I still have two more units from Cutting Edge to paint - a unit of Early Achaean spearmen and a unit of Sea Peoples Levy javelinmen - but with four chariots done I have enough to playtest the Trojan Wars variant of Tribal.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Wonderful minis, impressive chariot!