Friday, October 25, 2024

Lone Wolf - Adventures in Magnamund


I have sworn off Kickstarter after a few bad experiences, but I have made an exception for this new project.

I own at least three iterations of Lone Wolf RPGs, and have played two long campaigns in the Lone Wolf setting, and they are both memorable ones. There is something about the dualistic cosmology and the heroic narrative of the characters that instantly lend gravitas to the campaigns. Lone Wolf RPG characters can't help but to be heroic because the stakes are so high - all they need are a campaign premise to allow them to shine.

This current iteration is for the Dragonbane rules, which I do not own nor plan to buy; I am backing it chiefly for the fluff, the art, and most importantly the modules. The delivery date for the project is Nov 2025, although with the number of stretch goals being hit I will not be surprised if it will be late. It is too far ahead to plan, but hopefully I will have a stable of players ready to take on the Darklords when it arrives.



No comments: