Saturday, September 22, 2012

More Toys

Two more packages bring in more toys for this week.


Shown here are a few of the 40 trees I bought from an ebay seller treefella.1. When I saw his poplars on sale I contacted him and basically bought as many trees as he could fit into a standard postage box. I got a total of 20 poplars and 20 deciduous trees (at one pound and a pound fifty respectively). Four of the trees broke off their bases in transit, but it should be an easy job to fix them back with a blob of epoxy each.

Posing between the trees is a unit of Duchy of Warsaw infantry I bought in an arms race with Rick, who is recruiting some 500 Austrians to try to throw off the French yoke. They have now been given their regimental colours by the Emperor (having a colour printer at home really helps), and I have repainted their eagle silver instead of gold which the painter has erroneously done.

With these two lots in, I am down to just one item awaiting delivery.

Time to get down to the serious business of painting.


1 comment:

Simon Quinton said...

Bargain and they look really good.