Sunday, December 09, 2012

WOTR Artillery

"Espy thou yonder Elven Mage? Confound him and everyone near him!"
While I wait for figures and bits to complete my Attalids and round up my Space Marines forces (it's a never ending process, isn't it?) I decided to get back into the saddle up painting the stuff I already on hand.

With the four figures from Front Rank painted, my artillery corps is now complete: two guns (counts as great cannons under Warhammer rules) and a volleygun (counts as Helblaster), all that I plan to field in my WOTR/Empire army.

The crew come from three different companies: Perry, Mirliton, and of Front Rank, who provided the Master Engineer. The guns come from Perry, Mirliton, and Artizan.

I know artillery crew were "civilians" during the WOTR period, but I have chosen to depict them as a "professional" body, with more a more uniformed look than my other units.

Let's see how they perform then...

3 comments:

Phil said...

Colorful and very nice looking units!
Phil.

Simon Quinton said...

Great looking weapons and crews. Especially the Hellblaster. Reminds me of the days when Warhammer stuff was a bit more realistic in size.

captain arjun said...

Thanks, guys. I hope to keep the historical look as much as I can, while still incorporating some fun, fantasy elements.