Sunday, August 02, 2015

Warriors of Rohan unit 2


Here is the second unit of my Rohan force. The leader is the other figure from the Hengist and Horsa pack from Footsore. I freehanded the horse motif on his shield in imitation of the Staffordshire Hoard Seahorse. At least I tried to. The musician is again a quick conversion - I cut the shield boss off his hand and grafted a horn from the Gripping Beast Dark Age warriors sprue onto it. This unit sports yellow flowers for identification.

That's about half the force done; the next unit is a mounted unit, but because I have to paint a dismounted version of it, it will take me a bit more time.

5 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice looking troops!

Rodger said...

These are lovely. Great work!

Simon Quinton said...

Nice looking unit of reinforcements :)

captain arjun said...

Thanks, gents.

Rodger, you still have not sent me your mailing address! :)

Rodger said...

Sorry,

Can you email me at

rjlmwood@gmail.com

Cheers