Sunday, July 03, 2016

Dropzone Commander Resistance force for Horizon Wars


This little force here had its origins as models for the Axles & Alloys game, but once I got my hands on the Horizon Wars rules I realised I could use them as the nucleus of a low-tech, rebel/resistance style force.

I used black as the main colour for the force - it is easy to paint and shows up well on the light sand terrain we plan to use for our games, plus it gives them a Fremen look - but couldn't resist painting the school bus in a traditional yellow. The bus will serve as the company HQ for my force.

The force is small for Horizon Wars requirements, but if I borrow the vehicles and bikes fg painted, I should be able to field a larger force that can go toe to toe with the other guys' mecha forces.

With these guys out of the way, I hope to paint up some 28mm VSF figures for our Empire of the Dead project. Hopefully my eyes can still do 28mm...

3 comments:

Phil said...

Beautiful minis!

Da Gobbo said...

Nice, a game I keep looking at but not a lot more for some reason?!?

captain arjun said...

I haven't actually read the Dropzone Commander rules before. Horizon Wars looks interesting, but I haven't played a game yet.