Monday, February 20, 2017

Perry WOTR Light Cavalry and my entire WOTR/(The) Empire Army

The Perry WOTR Light Cavalry have been sitting in a tub for almost two years, but I finally started and finished painting them in the past three days.

I assembled them in two fashion, half of them as mounted crossbows.


And three with lances, and three as command figures.

The leader rides a horse from Claymore Castings. The glue is still drying on the base of the last figure.

With these figures done, I can say that I have completed my WOTR/Warhammer (The) Empire army.


The problem, of course, is that the Warhammer (The) Empire no longer exists. Nor does the whole Warhammer world. Not that that will prevent us from playing Warhammer 8th Edition, seeing how we already have figures for at least four armies. I do like the Warhammer rules, especially the fancy army lists, but on the whole I find them hard to remember, given how rarely we play them.

I have been looking at alternative sets of fantasy mass combat rules for a while, and last week I decided to order a copy of Mantic's Kings of War 2nd Edition rules. The reviews I have seen praise the rules for their simplicity, which is a plus for me, but I do worry if the army lists are different enough to distinguish each army. I guess we'll find out when the rules arrive in a week or two.

4 comments:

Sprinks said...

Nice job!. Kings of war gives a very smooth game and is defo worth a go. the army lists are flexable and have alot of flavor and do a good job of offering different styles of play for each force.

The Kiwi said...

Excellent stuff. Kings of War has many options for Humans. I don't think you will have any trouble finding suitable options for your collection. It's a great game. cheers

Rodger said...

Very very nice additions!

Phil said...

Superb, these figures are superb, excellent job!