Sunday, July 19, 2020

Gaslands Game 2


FG, Martin, and I met up for another game of Gaslands and to pass stuff to each other today.

Since our last meeting, Martin has put together a post-apocalyptic self-propelled gun, while I have bought three more Hot Wheels cars; the local mall was having a 3 for 2 sale, and after spending way too long at the rack at the store, I decided on the three following vehicles:


I picked the Warthog because I had an idea that I wanted to field a buggy for the game, but then I saw the Jet Z, which I thought looked the part. I got the El Camino to make up the numbers - fortunately Martin liked the way it looked, so it's with him now.

I still stripped the paint off the Jet Z, and primed some of the engine parts black, but I haven't quite decided how to paint it. I kind of like the bare metal look, but as it is now there is nothing particularly 'Gaslands' about it.

Anyway, for the game I set up a scenario where FG and I had to drive around the course and run over some objectives (boxes), while Martin tried to stop us, which he did.

It was a short game, but fun nonetheless. I think we are all still driving too carefully and not taking our chances with the Handling dice... perhaps having more vehicles on the table will encourage a more reckless attitude in the future.

No comments: