I came home today to find my Perry metals in the mail. As before they are good sculpts but bad casts - one of the casualty figures is missing the tip of his foot, and most of them have deformed hands...
Anyway, the mounted command pack allowed me to have an idea of how big a cavalry figure would be, and whether the D&D hippogriff I intend to use as a mount for the commander will work. Here is a photo:
I decided to pull the wings off as I couldn't see how you can find a place to fit a man in front of them (short of making the model the size of a real chicken...). The wingless hippogriff is about the size of a horse, which means I will probably just give it warhorse stats - no need to bother with flying rules.
I've cleaned the casualty figures and mounted a couple which need to be based on bases, ready to be primed tomorrow.
Once more I am a little overwhelmed by the number of figures I have to paint: 6 remaining bowmen, 6 casualty figures, and 15 mounted figures including standards and musicians. Add to that six beastmen Ungors awaiting for bits... Hopefully the fully-armoured mounted men-at-arms will just be mainly a coat of silver paint and a wash of Badab Black.