So I cut a few strips of balsa wood and glued them together, then stuck the end into a blob of putty on a washer.
When the putty has set, I glued my usual base mix on.
Since I also found a camp-fire scenic piece in the LOTR sprues wahj gave me, I thought I would make a whole camp set-up since I had a few resin tents from... I can't remember whom or where. Unfortunately, the resin didn't react well with my spray primer...
So I decided to use the Saxon tent template I featured on one of my previous posts instead. I manage to fit six of them on an A4 sheet of card (although I did lose one during the gluing process...).
A bit of white glue along the spine, a coat of off-white paint, a wash of Devlan Mud, and they are ready for the table. I kept the tents plain so they are generic enough for dwarves and men alike. Not too shabby for an afternoon's work, even if I do say so myself.