Friday, May 23, 2014
Thank you Nate for nominating me.
The rules of this meme are (amazing how the meaning of meme has changed over the past few decades, isn't it?):
1: Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it you.
2. Pass the award to your top 11 blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.
3. Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you have made someones day!
4. There is no obligation to pass this onto someone else but it's nice if you take the time to do so.
And now to the questions...
1. Why did you start blogging?
Several reasons. To keep a log of the games my gang and I played, show my works in progress, share my ideas and work with other fellow gamers. I benefit from other gamers' blogs, and hope mine can be helpful to others in turn.
2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?
Well, not the hobby itself per se, but I wish postage was cheaper - that would probably stimulate sales and provide more incentives for companies to release new stuff.
3. What is best in life?
To not live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
4. Do you want to live forever?
Yes. Yes I do.
5. Fame or fortune?
Fame never dies. But if I were immortal, then maybe fortune...
6. What miniatures are you most proud of having painted?
7. How do you deal with burn out?
Step away from what I've been doing and either do something a little different (making terrain, computer games) or altogether different (cook, read).
8. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
One of its legs are both the same.
9. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek. Because greatness lies in the choices you make, not in some hokey religion. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.
10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?
Tough one. I'm going to cheat by going with Eureka, because if you wanted something bad enough you can try to get them to produce it under the Club 300 scheme.
11. What is your favourite takeaway?
Takeaway sushi by default, because it won't get cold.
Well, two of the four blogs I have on my reading list have already got the award, so I will tag Dan and, er, Dan.
Posted by captain arjun at 7:13 pm