Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Blood Bowl 2021 League Round #4

Round 4 of the tournament saw my skavens face the dwarves once again, and they suffered a heavy defeat.

While I was able to score a touchdown in the first half, I was unable to stop the dwarves from equalising soon afterwards.

In the second half the dwarves scored a second touchdown. I started the fourth drive with only seven players, three having been killed and a fourth only narrowly escaping death thanks to the apothecary. I ran a Gutter runner deep into the dwarven half of the field, and held my thrower (who had possession of the ball) deep in my own half, hoping to do a last-turn pass and touchdown.

But he wasn't far back enough. Two dwarven runners charged my thrower, knocked him down, and one of them took possession of the ball and scored a third point for the dwarves.

This was a costly defeat for my team which will see me having to employ several journeymen the next game. At this point the dwarves have secured a place in the finals, and my skavens are struggling with the other two teams for a place. I will likely have to win the two remaining games in the preliminary round to qualify, and at the rate of casualty I am taking now, it will not be easy.


At the end of the fourth game, the standing is as follows:

Kazak Killers: 12

Badland Brawlers: 7

Skavenholme Scallywags: 4

Middenheim Marauders: 0

No comments: