Monday, August 02, 2021

Low-Tech Aliens


Here are some miniatures that I painted for our Deepnight Revelation campaign; they will be used as one of the several species of aliens the crew will come into contact with during their journey. In this case, they are a race of aliens with a pre-Columbian American level of material technology.

Since many of the alien races in the campaign were created for just the campaign, it was not possible to find ready-to-use figures. I did a bit of googling, and decided that the Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago Tribals figures and the Tau heads from Zealot Miniatures gave a good likeness of the aliens as represented in the illustrations in the module.

Ideally I would have liked to make them "civilian" figures, holding tools instead of weapons, but since the set was made for wargaming, I had to make do. The staff in the "shaman's" hand came from a Frostgrave wizards sprue, while the left arm, in what I call the "Professor X pose" was supposed to be an archer's arm, I think.

These figures will probably be used for only one or two sessions of our RPG, but I imagine they can be used for other games to substitute for lizardfolk or some sort of frog-people in any of the classic TSR D&D modules.

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

This kitbash has worked out really well! They all look fab.

fatgoblin said...

didn't realised they were the tribal figures. I thought they were hobbit sized!