fg came by this afternoon with the PVC foam boards he bought and we made the first two of the six boards we will need for our Empire of the Dead campaign.
The street surface is a cobblestone pattern printed on A3 sized paper which we glued to 60cm x 45cm x 3mm PVC foam boards using some tacky spray adhesive. The pattern disguises the joint between boards quite well - you can just about make out the joint in the background.
The building is a pdf from Stoelzel's Structures, glued onto 1mm PVC foam board. The pavement is from Metcalfe - I used it 'as is' for the shot here, but we will probably make the pavement wider for the actual set-up.
We need to print out a few more A3 sheets to complete the project, but at least now we how to do it relatively painlessly.
The boards will just be the beginning of the whole project: we need to make enough buildings and board clutter to make the whole thing look good.
Will take a while, this...