Sunday, May 13, 2012

Female Beastman Shaman

Beastwoman Shawoman?


This is one of the stranger figures I've ever painted. It's the female beastman shaman from CMON which fg passed to me. Its pose is a little odd, but then I don't think there are many female beastmen on the market...

I've given it the same treatment as my other beastmen, using red as the main colour with silver and bronze for the metallics and green for the accents. I've in fact decided to paint the whirl of what must be magical energy in her left hand green.


Her staff is quite a nice thing, featuring moaning skulls which I suppose could have been painted as some sort of a magical emanation instead of wood.


We haven't actually used magic in our Strandhogg games so far, but since my human and dwarven forces both have female representations, it's nice to have one for my beastmen too. Now if only I could find a suitable female goblin figure...

4 comments:

fatgoblin said...

Wow, the beastmen population is growing nicely!

This is one of those minis with bits pointing in every direction making it hard to decide which angle to take the photo from.

Nice to see if painted after years sitting doing nothing in my lead pile.

so we are going for female magic-users?

captain arjun said...

Not necessarily - the Friar Tuck figure is male. :)

I doubt you can find a female Skaven figure...

Claude said...

Hello. i am very admirative of your female beastman (beastwoman?), with a very nice paint.
You said it was coming from CMON. Is it the CMON.com site? do they sell it again today?
Cordially , Claude

PS : english is not my native language, be kind if i wrote mistakes^^

captain arjun said...

Hello, Claude.
The figure is available from here:
https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147457390/Arax---Female-Beastman-Shaman