Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halfling Huntsmen

As I said before, the problem with an army list is that you end up trying to have one of every unit on the list...


These count as hunstmen for my Warhmmer (The) Empire army. Officially, there aren't halflings in the Empire army anymore, but they are part of the fluff and lore, and so I wanted to include them in my army, and I thought the skirmishing, scouting huntsmen fit them best.

They are Copplestone sculpts now sold under by Vexillia/Mirliton and by Forlorn Hope. They are really nice sculpts and easy to paint. There are four poses for the archers, including the Robin Hood lookalike, plus one of the leader holding a sword with a bow strapped to his back.

I decided to model the skirmish tray to resemble the ground of a forest, so instead of using static grass I used a coarse light green flock, and some fallen foliage from Darkson Designs (not sure it is still available from them though) for the flocking, and fringed the lips of the tray with foam to represent the shrubs at the treeline.

I've got a unit of handgunners to do after this, but I've also got a few other things lined up, like an Armourfast farmhouse, another horde of skaven clanrats, some night goblins... should keep me busy till the end of the year.




5 comments:

DeanM said...

Excellent choice for Huntsmen. Beautifully painted - nice work on the movement tray too. I'm thinking of using some of my Empire guys the next time I play Lion Rampant. Thanks for visiting my blog too! Best, Dean

captain arjun said...

Thanks, Dean.

Simon Quinton said...

Those look great nice paintjobs and movement tray. I really like the sculpts far better than the GW ones.

captain arjun said...

Thanks.

I think they are more anatomically plausible than those offered by many other companies.

Millsy said...

I don't think I have *ever* seen a Copplestone miniature I didn't love. You've done them proud mate.