Saturday, February 27, 2021

Blood Bowl 2021 League Round #2


Game 2 saw my skavens face off against David's Imperial Nobility team.

My thrower suffered a stat loss in my first game and I made the decision to drop him from the team, but at the same time I did not have enough gold to employ another thrower. Without a thrower, my skavens had to play a running game, and they failed to score during my possession.

In the second half, they took advantage of David's inexperience and ran into the opposition team's half and took possession of the ball and score.

David was able to capitalise on the skaven's losses in the last part of the game and drive close to my touchline line, but an ambitious Rush saw his player fall and break his neck, which allowed my players to scoop up the ball and throw it into the other half of the pitch for safety.

I scraped a 1-0 win, and made enough money to recruit a new thrower, but one of my gutter-runners died during the match, which means I end the game with the same Current Team Value as I started the game with.

At the end of the second game, the league table looks like this:

Kazak Killers : 6

Badland Brawlers: 3

Skavenholme Scallywags: 3

Middenheim Marauders: 0

2 comments:

SteveHolmes11 said...

Go Go Scallywags.

I hope you've accumulated enough gold to replace or repair the thrower.

captain arjun said...

I lost a runner, but since I have two other ones, I decided to use the gold to replace the thrower. The skaven thrower is the best thrower in the game, and they are the key to the skaven style of play.

The next game will be against Black Orcs; the skavens can score against them, but will come out of the game with a few casualties for sure.